RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WALKING THROUGH MY DAYS. AT THE HOSPTIAL........LESSONS LEARNED

The last few weeks have been eventful for sure........A trip to the ER and many hours later
with several tests finding a large kidney stone.....Back home....hubby so sick and in pain going back and forth to work...Back into the ER Saturday morning with fever and pain. He was admitted and then found out that stone along with some others were not moving...Scheduled
surgery on Monday afternoon.....A "stint" was put in place and swollen kidneys and infection
prevented the removal of this large stone........Home again and waiting about 2 weeks to go in again and remove all...........He's back to work; feeling somewhat better but in pain and just
adjusting to life as to what it brings........

I wrote another blog this morning: It was full of thankfulness and each day and things we went through . I didnt have time to finish that blog and a quiet thought came to me to write something different.....Lessons I have been learning........for you see God never gives us a trial without a
lesson to be learned and gleaned from it..........

There are many people i have been praying for that are going through "different circumstances" such as a newborn baby born with a hole in his heart and now finding out he
has no white blood cells in his little body; a friend whos son is having sugery and his pain meds
dont seem to be working; someone whos mother has had back to back surgeries that last couple of days; and even those going through lifes struggles....WE are all the same .......just going through day to day and then STOP.........an interruption within our days that may even knock us down.........

LESSONS:

. Be thankful each step of the way........Praise and thank Him for each step of your journey and know He knows what you need.

. When going through your trial your physical body and mental body may become exhausted
and overwhelmed...I was........and others may say to you "Poor thing" take it easy.......(we all need that love and care) except.............IT MAY SOON TURN INSIDE YOURSELF" ......and
you begin to think in your heart" Oh yes I am so tired. I am tired of sleeping in this recliner
that pulls together at night and makes me so tired that I cant think"......."What the air conditioner has gone out in all the hospital?" What kind of hospital would let the air go out when its 99 degrees?"...........or the Beeper is going off again on the machine by my husband over and over and louder and louder..........cant anyone hear that Where is the aide or nurse?".......
That nurse that came through was crazy and cant remember anything?"....."Oh I am sooo tired...
and cannot even think"?-------------It was so easy to get a complainy spirit..........

. Learn that whatever comes your way ; others can have it so much more...........I heard Code Blue three times when I was there and one was right around from our room. I heard the weeping and wailing of the family........" I prayed for them" and thanked God my husband was lying asleep in our room.........

. Learn to let others help you. Allow then to pray. Allow them to run errand you need. Allow them get you food if you need it. Allow yourself time to sleep when you need it or when you get
home. I slept for 2 hours when I got home....Allow yourself to get strong again.....Allow yourself to say no to some things in order to get back on track..........

. Learn to be greatful and thankful to others even when you dont feel like it. Our preacher has taught to do right even when you dont feel like it..........."I thanked each nurse; each aide; each
Dr and the lady that cleaned our room........The last day the manager of the floor came to us and
said I heard nice things about you and your room and wanted to know how you liked us...
" I was surprised" ( because I knew in my heart I hadnt always been kind)...but my husband
and I both told her our thankful and greatfulness.

. We had one nurse in praticular named Addie. She was from Nigeria and her accent was so
soothing and kind..........She was very caring and did a wonderful job. Her aide to her came in
later and I expressed how much we liked Addie and she said herself " Oh she is the best! She doest always expect an aide to run and clean up after her even though I would but says thats
ok and just does the whole job!...........I saw "Addie at 4 am in the morning tidying up the bathroom area for my husbands needs quietly and caring for his needs..........

. After my husband surgery he came to his room and began to shake violetly ....I went to get
Addie our nurse and she came.........helped him to bed; got warm blankets from the warmer
and covered him. She also turned on the heat in the room.........** I thought to myself "Oh my I am getting hot".....theres that self thing again......I mentioned it to her in jest but she quickly
spoke "Well we all know its not about me but all about him!"...........Ouch ! that was great that
she put me right in my place and I settled in drinking my ice water........Later that night
the cool air was able to come back on........."If we wait he will bring each of our needs"

Lessons learned to each one going though their days of life.............Mrs Marlene Evans ( a great lady and friend) used to say " I see the Gold Glittering" in people or situations.........
In each of lifes STOPS I pray I can pause and see the "gold glittering " throughout this time....
Sometimes it is hard and may take for years and years to come to find a lesson ..........but I know
if My Lord is my path and in charge He has His path I must take and He is there by my side
each step of the way............

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

We have been praying for you and your hubby! You are a great example to all of us wives to be always there for our husbands! :) Take care and we love you!